The day has finally come folks. The Chronic DevTeam has now released GreenPois0n Absinthe for Windows, which allows you to jailbreak your iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
Supported devices and firmwares
- iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0 or either 4S version of 5.0.1
- iPad 2 WiFi, CDMA and GSM running iOS 5.0.1
NOTE: If you need to unlock your iPhone 4s make sure keep your firmware at iOS 5.0
NOTE: If GreenPoison Absinthe webclip shows “Error establishing a database connection”, all you have to do is go to Settings, turn on VPN and wait. The VPN connection will then give an error which is normal and a reboot should happen a few moments after the error.
NOTE: Doing this jailbreak will remove your iDevices ability to have OTA updates, which means you will have to manually update you iDevices firmware using iTunes.
Thanks to our friends over at (idownloadblog) we have a video demonstrations on how to jailbreak your iPhone 4s and iPad 2
iPhone 4S And iPad 2 Untethered Jailbreak Video
How to use Green Poison Absinthe (Windows):
1. Download GreenPois0n Absinthe (Windows)
2. Connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2
3. Click Jailbreak
4. Wait a few minutes.
NOTE: After doing this your iDevice may get stuck at ‘waiting to reboot’, don’t worry this is normal. All You will need to do is manually reboot your iDevice by holding down the power and home button until your iDevice screen goes black and an Apple logo appears.
5. After reboot, you will see a new GreenPosion Absinthe icon on your SpringBoard. Tap on that to get Cydia.
6 Cydia will probably say ‘Error Establishing a Database Connection’. This is normal all you have to do is simply unplug your iPhone, go to Settings.app and turn on VPN.
7. After that you will get the same VPN error again, your iPhone will reboot and your iPhone/iPad will be fully jailbroken.
That’s it you did it!!!
Like to give a special thanks to all the developers who worked so hard to bring us this jailbreak!!!